Sunday, November 13, 2011

Prothero on America, the 'Christian nation'


Stephen Prothero, a professor of religion at Boston University and the author of some recent popular books on religion, like God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World—and Why Their Differences Matter and Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know - and Doesn't has written an opinion piece for CNN on Americans' reactions to the recent events at Penn State and the allegations against Republican presidential-hopeful Herman Cain.
I have to give Prothero credit: for someone who self-identifies as "religiously confused," I think the man has a nose for what is and is not a biblical, Jesus-centered, Christian response to the goings on in the world. Check out his piece, and see what you think.

2 comments:

Emily Claire, your wife said...

I have decided to comment on this post. I have not yet finished establishing my thoughts, but I wanted to make sure I am held to my commitment to come back.

There we go.

I hope you didn't get too excited when you saw a comment and only got this.


.. :)

Emily said...

Well, this effort obviously didn't work. ...