Thursday, September 03, 2009

tanning beds in the news again

I don't like tanning beds.
A lot of people know this, and some girls I've known for a long time know it very well.

So I'm always pleased (for lack of a better term) when tanning makes the news--because it's generally bad news--like it has recently.



I don't know much about the particular show--I've only seen about two reports from this dr.NANCY character. But I did do a little research on the doctor being interviewed, Dr. Jeanine Downie, and she seems to be legitimate.
The story unravels at the end of the video, as they descend into random tanning tips, but the facts discussed at the beginning are striking.

My question is this: in light of the apparent dangers of tanning beds, what sorts of restrictions ought to be placed on their use?

No comments: